Welcome to Janet's 5K Fundraising Page!
I am so proud to be working with Samaritans’ incredible staff, volunteers and board members who every day befriend people struggling with isolation and despair. Samaritans is dedicated to reducing the incidence of suicide through a helpline by phone, text or chat (877-870-HOPE (4673), www.samaritanshope.org.), support for those grieving and education and outreach.
Samaritans 5K run/walk on Saturday, September 23re is an uplifting, celebratory event dedicated to those who have been lost to suicide and supporting those who struggle and those who are survivors while raising money for prevention and grief support services.
So many of us have or know someone who has struggled with thoughts of suicide, mental illness and depression and addiction. For them and for those that have been lost, please join me for a brighter future.
Your gift of $30, $50 or $500 saves lives. Use the Donate Now button on the right to make a difference today.
Here’s some background. Suicide is the:
- 10th leading cause of death in the US
- 2nd leading cause of death for young people aged 15-24
- Lesbian, gay and bi-sexual youth are 3.4 times more likely to attempt suicide
- 30% of transgender people have attempted suicide
- In Massachusetts, 600 people lose their lives to suicide each year
- Over 11,000 require medical attention for self-inflicted injuries
- Every 14 minutes there is a suicide in the United States
Samaritans answered more than 75,000 calls, texts and chats last year alleviating despair, isolation, distress and suicidal feelings in our communities; supported 150 individuals and families newly grieving a loss to suicide; and reached 14,000 with education and outreach.
Thank you so much for your support! You are helping to save lives!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.