In Memory of Ryan Kenyon (Pete Martin's page)
I lost a dear friend late last year, Ryan Kenyon. Many of you have met him and know what an amazing person he was. Ryan was full of creative ideas and positive energy. I miss him dearly. On October 1st we (Ryan's family and friends) are running a 5K race in remembrance of Ryan and to raise funds to support the Samaritans, a non-profit organization dedicated to suicide prevention. I hope I can count on your support.
All proceeds help fund Samaritans' life saving services, including the 24/7 Helplines, Community Education and Outreach, and Grief Support Services for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.These vital services are available locally to the families, friends and neighbors, free of charge.
Did you know...
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US overall, the 3rd leading cause of death for people ages 15-24, and the 2nd leading cause of death for people ages 25 - 34
- On average, there is one completed suicide every 12 minutes in the US
- There are 4 times as many suicides as homicides per year in Massachusetts
- All of Samaritans' services are free to the community
- Samaritans' efforts to provide mental health support and reduce suicide are multi-faceted and focus on prevention, intervention and providing support following a suicide loss
- Samaritans now offers crisis services to thousands of those in need of a listening ear via phone, text message and online chat, conducts hundres of suicide prevention workshops and community outreach seminars per year, and provides a variety of support services to those bereaved by suicide
Thank you so much for your support, you are helping to save lives!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.